Third Party Certification
Free Phone with Certification
Per recent FCC regulations, individuals with hearing loss may receive an Internet-based CapTel phone free of charge if they complete and submit a Third Party Certification of Eligibility.
The Third-Party Certification must be signed by a hearing health professional who confirms that the person applying has a hearing loss and would benefit from IP-based Captioned Telephone Service in order to communicate effectively over the phone.
- Third Party Certification only applies to CapTel models that are Internet-based (CapTel 840i, CapTel 880i and CapTel 2400i)
- Third Party Certification cannot be used for CapTel models that do not have an Internet connection (CapTel 840 / CapTel 800 / CapTel 200)
Professionals qualified to sign the Third Party Certification
- Doctors (with a hearing-related speciality)
- Primary Physician
- General Practice Physician
- Ear Nose Throat (ENT) Doctor
- Geriatric Practice
- Hearing Related Professionals
- Hearing Instrument Specialists
- Download & print the Hearing Health Professional Certification Form (link below)
- Have the form signed & dated by a hearing professional as listed above
- Fax the completed certification form to: 1-608-238-3008 (Fax)
Federal Government Employees
Federal employees who are deaf and/or hard of hearing can request for a Federal CapTel phone through Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program (CAP). For more information, please click below.