Low Vision CapTel Phone
Ideal for people with low vision or who have difficulty reading the standard captions sizes. The CapTel 880i captures your conversation by quickly and accurately displaying captions of everything your caller says on a large built-in screen perfect for people with low vision. It connects to both your telephone service and your Internet connection to give you the best of both worlds – voice and captions. Caption service is free and provided by a call center agent using voice recognition technology.
Get Help with the Push of a Button
The CapTel 880i has many great features at your fingertips, such as large format number keys for easy dialing. One-touch speed dialing of frequently called numbers. And a dedicated button for direct access to the CapTel Help Line, 24/7.
Big Screen. Big Captions. Big Difference.
The CapTel 880i captures your conversation by quickly and accurately displaying captions of everything your caller says on a large built-in screen perfect for people with low vision. It connects to both your telephone service and your Internet connection to give you the best of both worlds – voice and captions. Caption service is free and provided by a call center agent using voice recognition technology.
A high-resolution 10.1” screen captures every word your caller says in either English or Spanish. Choose the size and color of the text to make it easy to read no matter your situation.
Easy 3-Step Hook Up
Phone line connection fits whatever technology you have and can be hooked up in three easy steps. Or connect to the Internet or use your home Wi-Fi.
All Your Contacts in One Spot
An easy-to-use menu guides you through with yes/no questions. Caller ID tells you who’s calling. Built-in phone book stores 95+ names and numbers. Self-contained answering machine displays messages in text form. You’ll love what this phone can do.
The 880i comes with a risk-free 90-Day Money Back Guarantee and a 5-Year Replacement Program Warranty. How’s that for peace of mind?
- Extremely large, high-resolution 10” captions window with adjustable font sizes, styles and colors
- Additional font style selection to customize captions for easiest reading
- Built in Answering Machine with Captions
- Adjustable volume control (up to 40dB gain) for captioned calls
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing of frequently called numbers
- Caller-ID capable – shows you who’s calling right on the display
- Works with Ethernet & WiFi Connections
- Real Time Clock Displayed
- All Inbound and Outbound Calls are Captioned
- Phone Book to Store Frequently Dialed Numbers (95+ Names)
- Spanish-to-Spanish captioning available, with Spanish-language menus
- Captions Can be Turned On/Off as Needed
- Size: 9" x 6.5" x 7.5"
- Weight: 2 lb. 10oz.
- AC Adapter: 6 VDC, 2000 mA (barrel is negative)
- Adapter is UL/CSA listed.
- Large Keys: 0.75" x 0.70"
- 10.1" Backlit, graphical LCD color display
- 1024 x 600 pixels
- 3 Programmable Speed Dials
- 1 Customer Service Speed Dial
- Conversation: Amplification (0-40 dB gain)
- Tone: Low, Medium, High frequency
- Ringer: Off, Low, Medium, High (0-87 dB)
- Volume Levels (1 through 12)
- Captions On/Off
- Type: HAC (Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Phone Book (97 entries)
- Speed Dial (3 entries)
- Redial (Last 10 dialed numbers)
4 Caption Font Sizes
- Small (.22")
- Medium (.29")
- Large (.38")
- Extra Large (.46")
- Telephone line: requires RJ11 connection (can be standard analog line, VOIP, DSL with filter, FIOS. Does not support digital PBX system unless analog port available).
- 3.5 mm Neckloop/Headset
- 2.5 mm Headset with microphone
- Ethernet or WiFi wireless network
- AC power
WiFi Internet Access
- FCC approved
- FCC registration number: US D8KTE00BCAPTEL840
- REN: 0.0B
- Approximately 500 lines of text
- Retain 63 more answering machine messages with captions
These files request Adobe PDF reader. Download here.
How do I purchase a new phone?
To purchase a new CapTel phone, or obtain more information on which CapTel model works for you and the CapTel set up, please call 877-805-5845.
When you receive your new CapTel phone and would like an Outreach Specialist to assist you with your CapTel phone installation at no charge, you can call 877-805-5845 or email email@example.com to make an installation appointment.