How to Benefit from Relay Conference Captioning
There’s one more perk to being a resident in New Jersey – you have free access to Relay Conference Captioning (RCC) services for your face-to-face meetings, classrooms and teleconference calls.
But what is RCC exactly?
RCC delivers live, real-time text streamed to any Internet-connected devices, such as computers, smartphones and tablets. The remote high quality captioner listens and types the captions to the RCC user’s laptop or mobile device. RCC users can follow along with the meeting’s conversation by reading the captions on their screen as it is spoken and captioned.
How it Works
Once you’ve got a call scheduled and you have arranged a conference call bridge:
- Schedule your service – go to njrelaycc.com to set up your meeting
- Book in advance – with at least 48 hours (two working days) of advance notice, you’re guaranteed RCC service for your event or meeting
- Provide your info – during the booking process, provide your conference call number and PIN when necessary
- Get your confirmation – you’ll receive an email with a link to follow the day of your event that will display your captioned text
- Read your dialogue – the captioner will join the call early and will transcribe all discussion, including noises and sounds when appropriate
- Ask questions – meeting participants can also type questions into a text field for the captioner to ask on your behalf during breaks in the conversation
- After RCC is over – You can request a copy of the transcript.
Take advantage of this meeting enhancement for your next work discussion!
Posted by NJAdmin on Jan 19, 2016